The Comprinter: Stylishly Useless
Check out the gallery here!
Read the project description/journey here!
Built using a Dell Inspiron 1440 and a Kodak esp3.2.
In short, The Comprinter is a Dell laptop modded to fit inside a Kodak printer. The printer was broken when I got it, but the printing functionality could have been saved if the printer had worked to begin with. This would be possible due to the fact that all of the laptop components are housed within the scanner area. I can't begin to explain why I wanted to do this, I just thought it would be fun to go to some public place and plug my headphones into a printer, go about my business, and watch as people look in confusion (wonder?). Check out the gallery or the project document for all the gritty details and fun pictures!
Here are the specs:
- Dual-Core Intel Pentium T4400 / 2.2 GHz CPU
- 6 GB of DDR2 RAM
- 500 GB HDD
- 14" LCD display
- Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics
- Integrated Intel audio with Cyber Acoustics external speakers (mounted inside)
- 100-key Bluetooth keyboard
- 9 USB ports
- 1 VGA out port
- BT/WiFi capability (802.11b/g)
- Audio out and Microphone in
- Sleek and covert design